23.11.10

Daydreaming At Midnight

I'm heading toward the tallest buildings of the city, finding beauty in the abandoned and in the graffiti. The passing of cars play to me like a symphony; a crescendo in every bronzing leaf, a pinnacle in every winding sweep.

Our bodies sing a lifelong swan song to the sky, past the stars and into lullabies. I'm daydreaming of you at midnight.

I know it's getting pretty late but I'm only calling to see if you're awake. I didn't have time to think of an excuse to just hear your voice.

Honestly, I'm a bit nervous as I try to hold control from my feet to my throat, from behind my crooked teeth back down to your toes. You shiver as I trace my fingers from your waist up to your elbows.

The warm soothes deeper than bone, right through into the marrow.

From our drinks to our dreams.

No comments: